Humble Bundle: Two Weeks of Daily Bundlesby Jarred Walton on May 13, 2014 5:41 PM EST
- Posted in
- Humble Bundle
- Deep Silver
Humble Bundle just started their latest bundle, but this time there’s a twist: instead of a single bundle that will run for two weeks, they're doing fourteen different daily bundles. Obviously we don’t know what each day holds in store until the bundle for that day starts, but if today’s bundle is any indication we could be looking at some great values. I’ll update this post daily with information on the new bundles, but kicking things off, the first daily bundle comes courtesy of Deep Silver and includes between four and ten games, depending on your donation. Here’s the list, sorted mostly by release date (newest to oldest)
- Dead Island: Riptide Complete Edition (61%, 04/2013): The latest addition to the zombie shooter/RPG series; includes Fashion Victim and Survivor Pack DLC; $9 or higher donation required. This is basically like a cross between Left 4 Dead with Diablo loot gathering.
- Sacred Citadel (61%, 04/2013): Hack and slash side-scroller with 4-player support; requires $6 or higher donation.
- Dead Island GOTY (N/A, 07/2012): Survival-horror FPS RPG; must donate $6 or more. Includes Dead Island (80%, 09/2011), Bloodbath Arena DLC (N/A, 11/2011), Ryder White DLC (~55%, 02/2012), and the Ripper “Blueprint” DLC.
- Saints Row: The Third (84%, 11/2011): Open world gang violence and driving mayhem – think Grand Theft Auto series, but with more “humor” (violence, mayhem, etc.)
- Saints Row: The Third Full DLC Pack (N/A, 11/2012): Must donate $6 or more; includes the following DLC packs: Genkibowl VII, The Trouble with Clones, Gangstas In Space, Explosive Combat Pack, FUNTIME! Pack, Genki Girl Pack, Horror Pack, Invincible Pack, Money Shot Pack, Nyte Blayde Pack, Penthouse Pack, Shark Attack Pack, Special Ops Vehicle Pack, Warrior Pack, Witches and Wieners Pack, Z Style Pack, and Steelport Gangs Pack. (Yes, that’s a lot of DLC!)
- Risen 2: Dark Waters (69%, 04/2012): RPG similar to the Gothic series (basically, a somewhat simplified Elder Scrolls), generally considered inferior to the first game in the series.
- Risen (77%, 11/2009): RPG akin to Gothic and Elder Scrolls; requires $6 or higher donation.
- Metro 2033 (81%, 03/2010): Post-apocalyptic Russian FPS; requires $6 or higher donation.
- Saints Row 2 (72%, 01/2009): Open world shooter/driving game
- Sacred 2: Gold Edition (N/A, 12/20112): Action RPG that comes with Sacred 2 (71%, Nov 2008) and the Ice and Blood expansion
Assuming you go for the entire package, that’s nine full games (including plenty of extra DLC packs) for $1 each. Some are maybe worth a pass, and the DLC packs are oftentimes a questionable value, but nearly every game in the list has a normal retail price on Steam of at least $10, and most are priced at $20 or more – the one exception being Sacred Citadel, which is only a $2.49 game. Basically, if you can find even one game in the list that you’re interested in playing but haven’t purchased yet – there were several on my list, chief among them Dead Island and Risen – then this is a great deal and worth your money.
And you’ll want to act sooner rather than later, as the clock is ticking – just over 20 hours remain on this first daily bundle. Should you choose, you can give some or all of your donation to Child's Play or the American Red Cross – or give it to the developers or Humble Bundle if you prefer.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
MrCromulent - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - linkNice.. will you cover each bundle in a daily article?
Elixer - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - linkThis is the exact same bundle they had before...and yeah, most of the games for today are pretty good.
sabrage - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - linkIf by "simplified Elder Scrolls" you mean Gothic had a compelling story, an original setting, and challenging combat, then I don't see where this metaphor even gets off the ground.
Gothic was crashier than a Round Robin, though, so points docked for that.
Impulses - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - linkI got an email alert about this, as with most bundles, but it asked I opt in to receive alerts about the rest of the upcoming daily deals... Just a heads up in case anyone wants to make sure they get the emails.
domboy - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - linkSacred 2 is normally $20 and has been on my wishlist, so the basic bundle is probably worth it. I enjoyed the original Sacred anyway, so hopefully 2 is fun... my first Humble Bundle!
dstarr3 - Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - linkI wonder if the average cost will reset every day or keep going up.