SnapStream's Beyond TV 3 - The Must-Have Home Multimedia Softwareby Andrew Ku on May 12, 2004 12:00 PM EST
The TestWe ended up using All-in-Wonder, Personal Cinema, and TV Wonder cards for our testing. The only thing that we noticed was the slightly distorted sound with Personal Cinema cards.
Since it looks like we are going to be doing multimedia networking stuff for a while to come, we have standardized our multimedia network with D-Link LAN, 802.11b and 802.11g equipment, which consists of:
- DI-624 2.4GHz 802.11b/802.11g Router
- DGS-1008D Gigabit Switch
- DCF-660W 2.4GHz Wireless CompactFlash Card
- DWL-122 2.4GHz 802.11b Wireless USB adapter
- DWL-120+ 2.4GHz 802.11b Wireless USB adapter
- DWL-G120 2.4GHz 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 adapter
- DWL-G650 2.4GHz 802.11g Wireless Cardbus adapter
Our test system for SnapStream's Beyond TV 3 ended up being the Shuttle ST61G4 XPC with a Pentium 4 at 2.6GHz, 1GB of Kingston HyperX PC4000 RAM, and a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB hard drive.