Pentax Announces 14.6 Megapixel K20Dby Wesley Fink on January 23, 2008 6:25 PM EST
- Posted in
- What's New with Wes
14.6 megapixel CMOS sensor, compared to the 10.2 megapixel CCD sensor of the K10D
Live View with Auto-Focus and the options of a Grid Array and 4X or 8X zoom for critical focusing
2.7 inch LCD monitor. This is larger than the K10D 2.5 inch but smaller than the 3.0 inch LCD featured on the Nikon and Sony prosumer models.
Options to adjust color representation on LCD screen. This can be used to match the LCD more closely to the image. This is a unique feature not seen on any other DSLR.
Enhanced low-light sensitivity with ISO options to 6400
Improved Shake Reduction system over previous models, based on a lighter-weight sensor
Custom Image functions that allow users to select between six presets to further adjust saturation, hue, contrast, and sharpness
Improved Dust Reduction system that features Dust Alert to pinpoint the exact location of sensor dust
- PC Sync socket for photographers using studio lighting
The K200D updates the K100D with a 10.2 megapixel CCD sensor (up from 6 megapixels) and a larger 2.7 inch LCD. The sensor appears to be the Sony 10 megapixel sensor used in several other entry-level cameras and in the current Pentax K10D. The K200D also features the Anti-Shake and Dust-Reduction improvements of the K20D.
Pentax also announced five new lenses to be introduced with the new cameras:
- PENTAX DA* 200mm f/2.8 ED (IF) SDM will ship in March 2008 for $1099.95
- PENTAX DA* 300mm f/4 ED (IF) SDM will ship in May 2008 for $1299.95
- PENTAX DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED will ship in May 2008 for $399.95
- PENTAX DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited will ship in April 2008 for $599.95
- PENTAX DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II will ship as a kit lens with PENTAX K200D in March 2008 (value $199.95)
The PENTAX K20D (body only) will ship in April 2008 for $1299.95, while the PENTAX K200D will ship in March 2008 for $799.95 for the Kit with the new 18-55mm lens.