FIRST LOOK: Jetway Magic Twin MiniQ Computerby Wesley Fink on April 16, 2004 12:05 AM EST
- Posted in
What Do You Need for a Twin PC?Jetway also sells the Twin PC as motherboards, at least in some markets. Whether a motherboard or SFF, the same items are required for Twin PC operation:
- Jetway MiniQ SFF or Twin Motherboard - the Magic Twin technology is copyrighted by Jetway and the motherboard has additional components to enable the Twin PC operation. You cannot just simply install the software on other motherboards for 2 PC Operation.
- Dual Head VGA - the 860Twin comes with just a single VGA connector, so you must add a Dual Head VGA card for Twin PC operation. One of the nVidia nForce2 versions, the MiniQ 765Twin, comes with Dual Head VGA built in, but all other MiniQ systems require a Dual Head VGA card for Twin PC operation.
- PS2 or Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Splitters - the common Keyboard and Mouse splitters are supplied with the MiniQ systems. For audio on both systems, you need to use Mini Jacks for System 1 Audio and USB Speakers for System 2 OR you can purchase a USB external adapter that connects to a USB port and adapts to standard audio mini jacks .
- Windows XP with Service Pack 1 - The Magic Twin software is designed to work with dual-user hardware on Windows XP - either the Home or Professional edition. It will not work on Windows 98, ME, or 2000.
- Magic Twin Software - The Magic Twin software layer is supplied with both the SFF barebone and Magic Twin motherboards.
Technical requirements for a 2-user Magic Twin system include:
- minimum 1.2Ghz CPU
- 256MB or more memory
- Maximum distance for 2nd Station of 25 feet