Back to Article

• randomhkkid - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

By 'Both screens' in the last paragraph do you mean that the tablet has dual 12.5" screen? Also I assume that the technology to drive the tablet away from the dock is akin to miracast? Reply
  • Ian Cutress - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Apologies, my fault writing late at night. My mind got jumbled at the name while digesting the press release. Post updated.

-Ian
  • lmcd - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Put not but in the second paragraph Reply
  • Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

None of other reviewers mention dual display.

Official specs on ASUS site just say: "Display - 12.5" WQHD(2560 x 1480)"
    I think they would have mentioned dual display feature in specs and/or press photos, it's not a minor detail.
  • Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Processor Next Gen Intel® Core™ Processor
    OS System Windows 8.1/Windows 8.1 Pro
    Memory LP DDR3 1600MHz 2GB/4GB
    Storage iSSD
    Display 12.5" WQHD(2560 x 1480)
    Graphic Intel® HD Graphics
    Camera HD Camera
    Battery Li-Polymer

• Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

iSSD + Core™ Processor makes me think it's really Broadwell.

I just hope this iSSD would be fast enough and 128Gb option would be in one of mainstream models.
  • andrewaggb - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

sounds good... but honestly 256GB ssd + 8GB ram would make it better. I know it's lame, but just having a couple versions of visual studio, sql server dev edition, office, etc, is 128gb. Add eclipse or android studio and a few other dev tools, and 128gb doesn't cut it in my mind. So hopefully this is either a budget device or they have a better specced option. Reply
  • Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Doubt it, Memory is stated as 2/4 and iSSDs are mostly up to 128 GB.
    Could be some space/layout restrictions about memory size.

Won't be budget for sure.
  • Aikouka - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

After dealing with a bad SSD in my UX31A, I won't buy another ASUS laptop until I know that the SSD in it uses a *standard interface*! =( Reply
  • Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Likely will be soldered on motherboard to make thinness magic happen. Reply
  • Muyoso - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

This thing does not have dual displays. The tablet portion is 7.3mm, it simply wouldnt be possible to have dual displays at that thickness. And seriously did the author just ask if the 7.3mm includes the keyboard dock or not . . . . . . . .? Reply
  • hughlle - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Or that the cpu is in the keyboard, in essence making it absolutely worthless as a tablet. would be a pretty damned stupid move to make. Reply
  • Ian Cutress - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

'Lower half', implying the product stack, not the device. Reply
  • hughlle - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

I've just seen the re-wording in the article. Makes a lot more sense now. Reply
  • Doroga - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

I don't see any ports on Keyboard part at all.
    CPU should be in Display.

This also tells how thin and light rumored Retina Air macbook could be if Apple goes for low power Y processors.
  • DrMarkT - Monday, June 02, 2014 - link

Interesting competitive response to the Surface Pro 3. However, with no mention of an active digitizer to support pen input, I would be much less interested in such a device. Windows tablets are much more aligned to productivity needs, and without a pen stylus, the device would be much less complete. While some users do not necessarily seek a device with pen input, once experienced, it becomes more obvious how it significantly adds value to the device. Asus tries to compete on price quite often, so it would not be surprising if they left this out of the design to keep costs down. Hopefully not, but I think they would have mentioned it if it was included. I would not purchase any hybrid without an active digitizer for pen input. Reply
  • ttigner - Saturday, June 07, 2014 - link