• What
    is this?
    You've landed on the AMD Portal on AnandTech. This section is sponsored by AMD. It features a collection of all of our independent AMD content, as well as Tweets & News from AMD directly. AMD will also be running a couple of huge giveaways here so check back for those.
    PRESENTED BY

Back to Article

• danielkza - Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - link

"The downside of all of this customization is that none of these cards quite hit AMD's MSRP of $549.99 "

Don't you mean $449.99?
  • Andrew.a.cunningham - Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - link

Sure do! Fixed. Reply
  • ajp_anton - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

Why do you even bother to write out all those 9's?
    Just say $450 and it will be much easier to follow.
  • Andrew.a.cunningham - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

If I didn't write out the 9s, I'm sure people would complain about that too. :-) Reply
  • Alexvrb - Thursday, February 02, 2012 - link

Yes, hello, I'm here to complain about you complaining about people complaining about your attempt to keep other people from complaining. I hope you've learned your lesson. Reply
  • Andrew.a.cunningham - Friday, February 03, 2012 - link

I have truly taken your complaint about the complaining about complaining about complaining to heart. Reply
  • SunLord - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

I want to see a review of that Asus card because I can't see that triple slot cooler being remotely worth it Reply
  • Death666Angel - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

Why don't you look at the reviews of the 69xx Direct CU II cards for that answer? Short answer: if you have the space and want to pay the price, go for it. Reply
  • Guld81 - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

The XFX Black Edition memory clock is:
    1375 MHz (5.5 GHz)

Which should also be highlighted.
  • Andrew.a.cunningham - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

Looks like you're right - the XFX Black Edition is the only card in the whole lineup with any sort of RAM overclock. Reply
  • cknobman - Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - link

until the sky high prices come down!!!!!!

I'm kinda hoping Nvidia gets off their asses and releases the 6 or 7 series and it crushes the new AMD cards.

That way AMD 7 series prices will drop like a rock off a cliff and I can get me a new card cheap.
  • MrSpadge - Thursday, February 02, 2012 - link

Nobody is forcing people to offer their goods at a loss, but nobody is forcing you to buy if you don't think it's worth it, either. Relax, prices will come down in due time. I'm not buying now either, but I like the Tahiti chip. Reply
  • Sub_Z3R0 - Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - link

Seriously doubt that the new Nvidia's are going to 'crush' the new AMD's. Reply
  • So Sick - Friday, February 03, 2012 - link

well if you find the gtx580 a good card these ones are your revolutionairy godlike peices of hardware. f.e.

3d11:
    HD7950oc P11000+
    GTX580oc P7000+

welcome new master...ty for your great price and performance...you are here to stay and cause a lot of heads to break...mind my wortds..
  • So Sick - Friday, February 03, 2012 - link

AMD used to have a smaller die size so the trick they pulled of is making the die bigger this time meeting nv size...which menas nv should enlarge their chips with same factor for the same performance ratio which is not possible because it would make the prdouct costs exorbitant high.

owned Nvidia...now you nee to re-engineer the entire geforce structure....
  • Progeny - Monday, February 06, 2012 - link

XFX has reduced their famous lifetime warranty to 2 years and they have 2 more cards in their lineup. The Core Edition and the Black Edition without dual fans. Both should be alot cheaper then those other 2 offerings listed here.

Also a few very important things are that overclocking will void most manufacturers guarantee and some cards are non transferrable to new owners. Sorry i do not have the details on the 7950 lineup but they might be similar to that of the 7970: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1418072&m...