Back to Article

• juhatus - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

Stupid question but the 11.10 beta's include all the goodie's in 11.9?

I got 11.10 beta installed and catalyst version is 8.901-110923a-125918E-ATI.

Can anyone confirm?
  • JarredWalton - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

Often hotfix releases are a hodgepodge of optimizations specific to the game(s) being "fixed" (in this case, BF3 beta) and the rest may or may not be up-to-date. I wound't be surprised if there are some performance improvements relative to the hotfix with the official 11.9 release, but most should be minuscule. Reply
  • Pessimism - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

Quite surprised they haven't jumped at the opportunity to drop XP support. Reply
  • ltcommanderdata - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

According to the latest August 2011 Steam Survey, 21% of DX10/DX11 GPU owners actually use Windows XP. This is presumably mainly the consumer market. I wouldn't be surprised if in the corporate market the majority of even new computers are still Windows XP. Dropping Windows XP driver support would orphan a significant portion of your user-base. And probably eliminate AMD GPUs from being an option for many new corporate purchases. Windows XP support is legitimately maintained because the demand is still there. Reply
  • Taft12 - Sunday, October 02, 2011 - link

Not me, many would then jump at the opportunity to drop AMD for Nvidia. (I thought about 20%, I see from the guy above me it's 21% of Steam users) Reply
  • kedesh83 - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

before the 11.9 drivers my desktop and everything was crystal clear. now the scaling is all messed up and everything is blurry at 1080p. i have yet to figure out a way to fix this. its very annoying, especially for my design and modeling classes.

gigabyte z68xp-upd-issd 64GB
    core i5 2500k
    8Gb vengeance pc1600
    HIS radeon iceq 6950 2GB
    23" HP 2310m
  • cactusdog - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

Do you have Morpholigical filtering enabled? It will be a settings issue.. Reply
  • kedesh83 - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

i meant in windows, not just the game. sorry about that.

turns out if i change the pixel format in CCC to RGB 4:4:4 (full RGB) everything is clear again. i hit apply and about 15 seconds later it switches back to the previous format which is blurry again. weird. i have never encountered this before.
  • Linchpin - Monday, October 03, 2011 - link

Uninstall your GPU drivers. And reinstall it. Something is corrupted. Or you can reset your graphics card's settings. Reply
  • Linchpin - Monday, October 03, 2011 - link

Speaking os MLAA for AMD cards, why the heck is it that it's blurry? It works well, eliminating jaggies, but it's too blurry. Reply
  • Will Robinson - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

The new Automatic software updater utility worked surprisingly well.
    Nice one Catalyst team!
  • EglsFly - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

After updating to the last version 11.8, I got stuttering video in Black Ops with my 6870 Crossfire setup. Had to roll back to 11.5.

Anybody know if stuttering in 6800 Series Crossfire was fixed with this release?
  • Andrew.a.cunningham - Friday, September 30, 2011 - link

Black Ops gets a mention under "The following games no longer experience random hangs during game loading," but this doesn't sound like the same thing. You can always give it a try and roll back if you keep having problems? Reply
  • Linchpin - Monday, October 03, 2011 - link

I also have 6870s in crossfire. I had to roll back drivers 4 or 5 times due to stuttering, artifacts, and some other things I can't even explain. I am using 11.6 which really works well, no problem.

11.7, 11.8, and 11.9 artifacted Shogun 2 sooo bad. I don't even see any application profile for Shogun 2. 11.5 drivers made my Mass Effect 2 looks like a strobe light. But 11.6 fixed it. 11.6 Is the best driver so far. I hope that 11.10 will fix all the problems I mentioned for Shogun 2.
  • george1976 - Sunday, October 02, 2011 - link